Saturday 4 March 2017

Kelsall Appointment and a reaction.




You can read about Sam Kelsall's recent battles with depression and his new appointment as coach to the u15s and u17s academies in the Nottingham Post: 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/ex-nottinghamshire-batsman-sam-kelsall-reveals-how-his-return-to-the-club-helped-him-beat-depression/story-30178291-detail/story.html

From Jamie Hart's Facebook - to which he has receive a lot of backing from friends (obviously) and former players and coaches to his steam letting:




Rant time.

In my opinion Notts CCC/CB are an embarrassment in certain areas. SOME of the key people are not fit for purpose. Over time and in relation to my own personal experiences I have witnessed Some of the worse man management I have seen in many years of being involved within sport and industry. The fact that these inadequacies have remained hidden is the real skill.

In the interests of balance and fairness I would think that Notts would point out that I am unreasonably upset due to recent events. All I can say is have no idea why I would be annoyed and looking to highlight above point. It's not like I spent 5 years grafting in all areas at Notts for nothing,Coaching the academy team, 2nd xl, under 15s and under 17s, eventually taking on the 15s and 17s without payment due to the academy director stepping down at the last minute. 

Myself and Paul Franks oversaw one the most successful times That Notts have had in terms of bringing young players through to the first team. 

I am absolutely sure that I would not have any reason to be seething over the fact that I went to 'the powers that be' and asked if some sort of payment would be available due to so much of my time being taken up only to be told that there would be no budget and no one would be paid. At this point I resigned. 

And finally I would have no reason to feel let down when I found out on the grapevine that my assistant who has considerably less experience than me as a coach and is below me in terms of coaching pathway has suddenly been offered a JOB taking on Notts CB under 17s and 15s. 

No reason to be annoyed at all.


24 hours later this rant was removed from Jamie's Facebook ....


Not his own fault - but a beneficiary of jobs for the boys? 


Nottsview - how many coaches could have been compensated for their expenses and time for the cost of Andre Russell's unnecessary turning up at the NWT20 Blast Final 2016?

3 comments:

  1. He should be listened to, but as he says none of this is Sam's fault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie does say that he did resign prior to this new appointment. His reasons for resigning would be why he is particularly upset and is at the root of the "rant", is the conclusion I have drawn.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts...