07 May, 2014

Postcard from NSW

G'day

On Sunday 4th May I played for Central Coast Over 60s v. a strong Sydney representative  Over 60s side. The venue was for me arguably the most picturesque non first class cricket venue I have had the privilege of seeing let alone playing at (Mandalong Country Field )

 Mandalong Country Field is a privately owned ground belonging to self confessed cricket tragic Stirling Hamann.  It is just off Mandalong Road in a rural part of NSW @ 2.5 hours drive north from Sydney. 

We played a 40 overs game . Sydney made 164 in their 40 overs whilst we scored 110. I had a ''champagne moment'' clean bowling Stirling with my opening ball. I finished with  a moderate 2 overs 1 for 16 but the buzz of getting that wicket is one I'll always remember.

The ground is surrounded by farmland and bush with kangaroos roaming freely. Hope you like the open plan changing facilities, not built for wet weather! There's always a cold beer too at the end of the match..

cheers  Andy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts...